Email has exploded into the everyday lives of the people in today's world. With the advancement's that are occurring with today's technology, it makes me wonder if people will need to use regular postal mail in the future. In class we went over some of the reasons why the world still needs normal mail delivery; the delivery of packages, magazines/catalogs, certified mail, maybe a friend or family member is at a destination that will not allow wireless connection or computers, or maybe we have to consider that there are individuals (of the older generations) who still do not know how to access the world wide web. Whatever the case may be, there are still some advantages and disadvantages to using regular mail.
In my opinion, email has made life a lot easier for me. I don't have to wait, for what feels like an eternity, to receive mail. All I have to do is click the inbox button, and all of a sudden I've got mail. Email is also great because it makes shopping online so much easier. I remember when I was younger and liked shopping in catalogs, I would always have to ask my mom for a check so I could mail it to the clothing company that I liked and then have to wait about three weeks for my merchandise to arrive. Everyday I would check the mail to see if anything had been delivered. Now with the advancement of email, the clothing company will email me when my merchandise has been shipped and I can even track it online. I find that to be quite convenient.
It's rare that you will find me using regular mail. I don't even use it to pay my bills because it takes too long, and I might risk being late if I decide to mail my check versus using my debit card online. I feel like I'm constantly checking my email because this is, for the most part, the most popular way to get in contact with someone. A majority of things that I do involve email and the Internet. I have learned to appreciate the world wide web and email. I could probably go on and on about my excitement on today's technology and its future, but I will stop here and say that I'm grateful for email because now my friends and I can keep in contact about life while trying to stay busy at work.
In my opinion, email has made life a lot easier for me. I don't have to wait, for what feels like an eternity, to receive mail. All I have to do is click the inbox button, and all of a sudden I've got mail. Email is also great because it makes shopping online so much easier. I remember when I was younger and liked shopping in catalogs, I would always have to ask my mom for a check so I could mail it to the clothing company that I liked and then have to wait about three weeks for my merchandise to arrive. Everyday I would check the mail to see if anything had been delivered. Now with the advancement of email, the clothing company will email me when my merchandise has been shipped and I can even track it online. I find that to be quite convenient.
It's rare that you will find me using regular mail. I don't even use it to pay my bills because it takes too long, and I might risk being late if I decide to mail my check versus using my debit card online. I feel like I'm constantly checking my email because this is, for the most part, the most popular way to get in contact with someone. A majority of things that I do involve email and the Internet. I have learned to appreciate the world wide web and email. I could probably go on and on about my excitement on today's technology and its future, but I will stop here and say that I'm grateful for email because now my friends and I can keep in contact about life while trying to stay busy at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment