I researched myself on the internet by using the search engines Google, YaHoo! search, and ask.com. I was happy to see that my information was no where to be found, until....DON, DON, DON (dramatic sound effects). As I begin to type intelius.com into the address bar, I began thinking to myself, "what exactly can I find out about me just by using my first and last name and maybe even my middle inital". Honestly, my nerves weren't, in the least bit, aroused because I didn't think there would be anything to find.
As I did my little search on intelius.com, and entered my first, last, and middle inital, to tell you the truth, I was a bit taken aback to realize that the information listed under my name listed the city in which I live. Not to mention, who my father was. I was actually happy that the information which was found was not current, and that the site only listed one family member instead of my whole family tree. Although, I'm a little upset that anyone in the free world can figure out where I reside and who my relatives are, I'm also put at ease (minimally) to know that they'll have to pay a fee to get every detail, and the information that they may receive is, more than likely, going to be wrong. But it's very frightening to know that with determination, I too can be found.

1 comment:
I was surprised to see that Intelius.com had my parent's information, even some of my grandparents and great grandparents as well. I was like "no way, you got to be kidding me!" It' surprising to know this information could just pop up anywhere, even a site like Intelius that I have never heard of in my life until Professor Fry brought it up. Scary!
Post a Comment